Shareholder and Business DisputesDecember 13, 2016
CollectionsDecember 13, 2016
- JTT Electronics Ltd. v. Farmer, 2014 BCSC 2413 (CanLII) — 2014-12-19
- Successfully defended against an injunction seeking to restrain the defendants from using confidential information or competing with a past employer.
- Inprotect Systems Inc. v. Davies, 2010 BCSC 1287 (CanLII) — 2010-08-12
- Successfully defended against an application seeking an injunction restraining the defendants from competing with their past employer.
- Trevitt v. Blanche Equipment Rentals Ltd., 2006 BCSC 94 (CanLII) — 2006-01-18
- Successfully defended a wrongful dismissal claim on the basis that the plaintiff was not wrongfully dismissed and that the contract of employment had been frustrated due to the plaintiff’s inability to work because of injuries he sustained in a motor vehicle accident. (The Court found it was entitled to consider evidence of the Plaintiff’s condition after termination)
- Wheeler v. Way-Tech, 2003 BCPC 412 (CanLII) — 2003-11-13
- Successfully obtained damages for wrongful dismissal because the employee had been terminated unfairly.