We recognize that every problem you face and every question and concern you bring to us is important and requires a prompt and attentive response from us. We want you to be able to sleep at night knowing your legal problems are properly taken care of.
The Lawyers at Magnus Law pride ourselves on being litigation counsel meaning that we attend court to help clients resolve disputes or disagreements. We give voice to our clients’ concerns and positions with conviction and passion. We are passionate about serving our clients with attention to detail creativity and compassion. We recognize the importance of listening to you and understanding your particular needs so that we can provide you with the best advice and strategy which suits your needs. We recognize that every problem you face and every question and concern you bring to us is important and requires a prompt and attentive response from us. We want you to be able to sleep at night knowing your legal problems are properly taken care of.
At Magnus Law, we recognize that fees must be fair and appropriate for the work that is being done. We ensure that we work efficiently and competently using the right person for the job. We provide value added service by focusing on results.
Our fees are primarily based on an hourly rate however in some circumstance’s we will work on a contingency basis (where we get paid a portion of the award and we don’t get paid unless you get paid). We offer a ½ hour free initial consultation for most inquiries.
The team of Magnus Law is growing. We have the right people to suit your legal needs by having a range of paralegals and assistants. Duncan Magnus is our senior litigation counsel and Sean Barber is an articling Student who assists Duncan.
About Duncan Magnus
About Sean Barber
- Kirkwood (Re), 2016 BCSC 673 (CanLII) — 2016-04-18
- Watson v. Charlton, 2016 BCSC 664 (CanLII)— 2016-04-15
- Harrad v. Varghese, 2016 BCSC 527 (CanLII) — 2016-03-24
- British Columbia Hydro and Power Authority v. Heathcote, 2016 BCSC 140 (CanLII) — 2016-01-07
- Sears v. Counsell, 2015 BCSC 1892 (CanLII) — 2015-09-04
- Unger v. Unger, 2015 BCSC 1408 (CanLII) — 2015-08-13
- JTT Electronics Ltd. v. Farmer, 2014 BCSC 2413 (CanLII) — 2014-12-19
- Erv Parent Co Ltd v Coast Modular Manufacturing and Leasing Ltd et al BCSC 2013-09-24 PDF
- Farrer v. Farrer, 2013 BCSC 1088 (CanLII) — 2013-06-20
- Country Lumber v Coast Modular Installations Ltd et al 2013-05-30 PDF
- Keremelevski v. V.W.R. Capital Corporation, 2013 BCSC 612 (CanLII) — 2013-02-19
- Burg Properties Ltd. v. Economical Mutual Insurance Company, 2013 BCSC 209 (CanLII) — 2013-02-12
- Haptom v Pahl, 2013 BCSC 71 (CanLII) — 2013-01-18
- Transwest Helicopters Ltd v Leslea McEvoy, Chilliwack, April 20, 2012 (PDF only)
- Regina V Christopher Owen McCoy, March 2, 2012, Surrey Provincial Court, 179775-2KC (PDF Only)
- Versatile Mortgage Corp. v. Hemmingson, 2010 BCSC 1361 (CanLII) — 2010-09-28
- WCAT-2010-02543 (Re), 2010 CanLII 75630 (BC WCAT)
- WCAT-2010-02544 (Re), 2010 CanLII 75522 (BC WCAT) — 2010-09-22
- Inprotect Systems Inc. v. Davies, 2010 BCSC 1287 (CanLII) — 2010-08-12
- Azta Mgmt. Corp. v. Croft Agencies, 2010 BCSC 1191 (CanLII) — 2010-03-31
- Murray v. Langley (Township), 2010 BCSC 102 (CanLII) — 2010-01-27
- Versatile Mortgage Corp. v. Hemmingson, 2009 BCSC 64 (CanLII) — 2009-01-26
- R. v. Elliott, 2009 BCPC 42 (CanLII) — 2009-01-23
- Rayner v Rayner et al. May 30, 2008 New Westminster, S109066 Madam Justice Wedge (PDF)
- BCSPCA v. Baker, 2008 BCSC 947 (CanLII) — 2008-08-28
- Amos Investments Ltd. v. Minou Enterprises Ltd., 2008 BCSC 332 (CanLII) — 2008-03-20
- Chatwin v. SPCA, 2008 BCSC 796 (CanLII) — 2008-03-04
- BCSPCA v. Baker, 2007 BCSC 1717 (CanLII) — 2007-11-30
- Zappala v. Mann, 2007 BCSC 1699 (CanLII) — 2007-11-26
- Walker et al v. Betts et al, 2006 BCSC 1096 (CanLII) — 2006-07-14
- Walker v. Betts, 2006 BCSC 612 (CanLII) — 2006-04-19
- Walker et al. v. Betts et al., 2006 BCSC 128 (CanLII) — 2006-01-26
- Trevitt v. Blanche Equipment Rentals Ltd., 2006 BCSC 94 (CanLII) — 2006-01-18
- Wheeler v. Way-Tech, 2003 BCPC 412 (CanLII) — 2003-11-13